Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

Default Watts FloodSafe

I have just learned of the floodsafe line from Watts and wanted to ask if
anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.htm

Thanks for your time,

Ben

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Ben wrote:
I have just learned of the floodsafe line from Watts and wanted to ask if
anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.htm

Interesting. I've never seen one before, but it looks like it could be
a good solution. I'll have to investigate as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

"Ben" wrote in message
.. .
I have just learned of the floodsafe line from Watts and wanted to ask if
anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.htm

Any idea how much they cost? Great idea if not too expensive.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

A good idea, a few companies make them.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

I have just learned of the floodsafe line from Watts and wanted to ask if
anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.htm

Any idea how much they cost? Great idea if not too expensive.

No idea how much they cost or anything else about them yet.

I need to replace the rubber supply lines to my washing machine and was
looking into stainless steel when I found the floodsafe line.

I'm wondering if they ever shutoff due to regular usage and higher water
pressure and how stable they are with every day usage.

It does appear to be a good idea, but not sure how they really work.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ben wrote:
I have just learned of the floodsafe line from Watts and wanted to ask if
anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.htm

Interesting. I've never seen one before, but it looks like it could be
a good solution. I'll have to investigate as well.

Please let me know what you come up with...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

A good idea, a few companies make them.
Do you know what other companies make them? So far, I have only found Watts.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Try to google Automatic Water Main Shutoff, im sure you will find quite
a few.

Posted to alt.home.repair

still need a catch pan under the washer because not every leak is from
the incoming water lines

Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:38:59 -0500, "Ben"
wrote:

I have just learned of the floodsafe line from Watts and wanted to ask if
anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.htm

Any idea how much they cost? Great idea if not too expensive.

No idea how much they cost or anything else about them yet.

I need to replace the rubber supply lines to my washing machine and was
looking into stainless steel when I found the floodsafe line.

I'm wondering if they ever shutoff due to regular usage and higher water
pressure and how stable they are with every day usage.

It does appear to be a good idea, but not sure how they really work.

Haven't seen this before for water lines, but automatic flow limiters
are becoming common on natural gas lines. I have one on the flex
lines to my water heater and gas dryer. Never had a problem with
either one shutting off falsely under normal conditions.

Simple enough to test it once in while, I suppose. Just turn off the
valve, disconnect the end and hold over sink or a bucket, and turn the
valve full on quickly.

I'd certainly opt for these if they weren't much more expensive than
plain stainless flex.

Paul

Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF

"Ben" wrote in message
.. .
I have just learned of the floodsafe line from Watts and wanted to ask if
anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.htm

Thanks for your time,

Ben

Presumably, the device has a spring loaded stopper that closes when the
water flow in the line exceeds a certain rate. Then the difference in water
pressure across the stopper holds it closed until it is reset.

My experience is that most undersink leaks are of a different type than this
device protects against. However, it might be useful if used to connect a
washing machine if the water supply is left in the turned on position. But
that is not a very good practice in my view.

A solution looking for a problem?

SJF

Posted to alt.home.repair
John F.

Check this one out.........FloodChek. I have it. When you get the product
you'll see why it won't have a failure for 20 years or more.
www.floodchek.com 1-800-845-9089. I bought about 2 years ago and I think
I paid $29.00 for the pair of hoses. John

"RicodJour" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ben wrote:
I have just learned of the floodsafe line from Watts and wanted to ask if
anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.htm

Interesting. I've never seen one before, but it looks like it could be
a good solution. I'll have to investigate as well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

They have electric valves you plug the washing machine into. ONLY when
the machine is running do the valves hot and cold open to allow water
flow.

its all automatic the valves open and close without having to remember
anything

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben

"mm" wrote in message

wrote:

I have just learned of the floodsafe line from Watts and wanted to ask
if
anyone has any experience with these:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.htm

I went to my local Home Depot for stainless steel hoses. I found out they
only carry the floodsafe models if you want stainless steel.

So I decided to try them. So far the only difference I can tell is that
there appears to be less of a flow rate going into the washing machine when
it fills. I called Watts and found out the lines limit the water to 2.5 GPM
and that is what they base the floodsafe device on.

The price was basically the same as other stainless steel hoses I priced in
the past so, for now, I like the extra insurance these offer if they work as
promised.

Can I Mix 40 Watts and 25 Watts Light Bulbs in One Fixture? [email protected] Home Repair 23 March 31st 18 05:02 PM
Watts vs. Mueller jaynews Home Repair 4 December 31st 05 12:41 PM
Question on converting amp / volts to watts Hoopster Electronics Repair 5 September 29th 05 04:51 PM
Using Performance Data Spec Sheets to figure - Condenser Temp-Split Darrell Home Repair 12 October 16th 03 04:29 PM