Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

Default Drilling through the slab

I need to drill 1/2 inch holes through the slab of my home to kill some
termites under there.

How can I avoid hitting copper water lines in or under the slab? Gas and
Electric runs in the attic.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Walter R. wrote:

I need to drill 1/2 inch holes through the slab of my home to kill some
termites under there.

How can I avoid hitting copper water lines in or under the slab? Gas and
Electric runs in the attic.

Hmmm. wild ideas time-

Probably can't use metal detectors if there is rebar in slab.

Could use sens mic to listen for water flow.

Or...(I like this one best), use a welder transformer to
induce large current in piping and use a 60~ pickup coil
to trace the path of the hum. (At your own risk...)

You better map out the route of the drains too...

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.

No radiant heat, just water in and water out.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
om...