Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting a standing seam metal roof?

A friend of mine has a two story house in upstate NY that has a metal
roof. The roof is somewhat rusted, however it still has many years
life left. So, he is going to have it painted.

His current plan is to use aluminized roofing paint, based on the
advice of his personal handyman. I personally don't like that idea,
as I think the house would be far more attractive with a nice dark
green roof.

Does anyone have any experience and/or recommendations? I would think
there would be some modern elastomeric type coatings that could be
applied in a variety of colors that would look great and last a long
time.

Posted to alt.home.repair
tom

At least scrape off the rust, eh? Or use a rust-inhibiting type paint?
Tom

Posted to alt.home.repair

Here's another Tom who thinks prep is the key.
Check out the metal and choose a rust inhibiting primer.
After that, color is open.
TB