Posted to alt.home.repair
mike60510

Default Repairing damaged prefinbished wood flooring

The few days of dripping water on my new wood floor, several boards
have warped outside of the kitchen cabinets and the warping is
noticeable. We didn't notice the buckling of the flooring sooner
because I have had protective mats and cardboard over the floor to
protect it during the renovations. The question is how to repair the
floor. The flooring is from BR-111 prefinished mahogany. The
installing contractor used glue and nails to install the flooring.

One option would be to remove the buckled flooring and place new boards
in the removed spots. I know there are some draw-backs with that
method.
I was wondering if anyone has tried screwing the flooring back down
from the subfloor below. If I drilled an oversize the hole through the
subfloor to avoid the screw threads and a proper size starter hole into
the flooring, could I pull the finish flooring back into place? Any
suggestions would be helpful.

I contacted Jenn Air/Maytag to discuss the issue and they told me to
contact my home owners insurance.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"mike60510" wrote in message

One option would be to remove the buckled flooring and place new boards
in the removed spots. I know there are some draw-backs with that
method.

That is the best way.

I was wondering if anyone has tried screwing the flooring back down
from the subfloor below. If I drilled an oversize the hole through the
subfloor to avoid the screw threads and a proper size starter hole into
the flooring, could I pull the finish flooring back into place?

Doubt it will work. Could be the sub-floor has warps also so check that
out.