Posted to alt.home.repair
jerry

Default energy credit for new A/C

we replaced our A/C unit with a new energy efficient (SEER 18) rated one and
for 2006 there are energy tax credits ($300) for such an installation (I did
mine in 12/2005)

was there a similar program for the tax year 2005 ?

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?..._credits#chart

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"jerry" wrote in message
we replaced our A/C unit with a new energy efficient (SEER 18) rated one
and for 2006 there are energy tax credits ($300) for such an installation
(I did mine in 12/2005)

was there a similar program for the tax year 2005 ?

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?..._credits#chart

Nope!

And if you had waited, you could have gotten a 21 SEER for cheaper than what
you paid for yours!

SUCKER!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

they make 21 seer ?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

wrote in message
oups.com...
they make 21 seer ?

Actually Carrier has a 21 SEER Infinity A/C unit that's supposed to be out
at the end the of the month. The heat pump will be 19 SEER.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote
in message news:8rcHf.619$Lr.225@trnddc01...

wrote in message

oups.com...
they make 21 seer ?

Actually Carrier has a 21 SEER Infinity A/C unit

that's supposed to be out
at the end the of the month. The heat pump will

be 19 SEER.....

and none of what Carrier says mean anything until
the units are ARI rated

Posted to alt.home.repair

The super high efficency units cost so much more than the regular ones
the tax credit will be a drop in the bucket. espically if you live in a
moderate climate.

might be worth it in miami, but in nortern maine there are few cooling
days to recoop the energy savings

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

wrote in message

oups.com...
they make 21 seer ?

Actually Carrier has a 21 SEER Infinity A/C unit

that's supposed to be out
at the end the of the month. The heat pump will

be 19 SEER.....

and none of what Carrier says mean anything until
the units are ARI rated

Right. They can say all they want. But until the units are actually "on the
shelf", I'm not believing anything.

Here is the 19 SEER:
http://www.residential.carrier.com/p...infinity.shtml

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

wrote in message

oups.com...
they make 21 seer ?

Actually Carrier has a 21 SEER Infinity A/C unit

that's supposed to be out
at the end the of the month. The heat pump will

be 19 SEER.....

and none of what Carrier says mean anything until
the units are ARI rated

Oh. and they ARE ARI rated.....

http://xpedio.carrier.com/idc/groups...f?SMSESSION=NO