DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   property values link (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/144139-property-values-link.html)

buffalobill February 10th 06 01:07 AM

property values link

type in your address and it gives you property values:
http://www.zillow.com/

[email protected] February 10th 06 01:12 AM

property values link

i hope they get this working. i typed mine in and it gives a bunch of
info about assessments, not actuals. has the map wrong, it's off my
blocks. they ought to have one site where you can see actual sales
prices, THAT would be helpful.

Joseph Meehan February 10th 06 01:18 AM

property values link

wrote:
i hope they get this working. i typed mine in and it gives a bunch of
info about assessments, not actuals. has the map wrong, it's off my
blocks. they ought to have one site where you can see actual sales
prices, THAT would be helpful.

In the US many county authorities have web sites where that information
is available. Some even include a photo of the house and a satellite photo
as well. They often include the last sale price as well as current assessed
value and some details of the property as well as dates when last sold,
owners and often prior owners.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Dr. Hardcrab February 10th 06 02:14 AM

property values link

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
i hope they get this working. i typed mine in and it gives a bunch of
info about assessments, not actuals. has the map wrong, it's off my
blocks. they ought to have one site where you can see actual sales
prices, THAT would be helpful.

In the US many county authorities have web sites where that information
is available. Some even include a photo of the house and a satellite
photo as well. They often include the last sale price as well as current
assessed value and some details of the property as well as dates when last
sold, owners and often prior owners.

Yep.

In Maryland, you can pick any county and any address and it will tell you
just aboutt everything: Who lives there, how much they paid for it, how much
it is being assessed at, property size, house size, etc......

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/

Charlie Bress February 10th 06 02:22 PM

property values link

wrote in message
ups.com...
i hope they get this working. i typed mine in and it gives a bunch of
info about assessments, not actuals. has the map wrong, it's off my
blocks. they ought to have one site where you can see actual sales
prices, THAT would be helpful.

I just looked up the house I sold in 1998.
The price shown on zillow.com is almost 1.5 times what the county property
appraiser shows as an appraised value.

Who's kidding who?

Charlie

Kathy February 10th 06 07:22 PM

property values link

"Charlie Bress" wrote in
message
. ..

wrote in message

ups.com...
i hope they get this working. i typed mine in

and it gives a bunch of
info about assessments, not actuals. has the

map wrong, it's off my
blocks. they ought to have one site where you

can see actual sales
prices, THAT would be helpful.

I just looked up the house I sold in 1998.
The price shown on zillow.com is almost 1.5 times

what the county property
appraiser shows as an appraised value.

Who's kidding who?

Charlie

Is it in NJ? My house shows as $98,000., the
assessed amount. It used to be $57,000. Appraisal
and assessment are way different here. My last
appraisal before I put a new roof and another room
and siding on my house was $175,000. It would
probly be over 300 now. That website also lists my
taxes as about half of what they are. I think it
doesn't count the part of the property taxes that
go to schools. As far as that website goes, well,
you get what you pay for.

Charlie Bress February 10th 06 08:19 PM

property values link

"Kathy" wrote in message

"Charlie Bress" wrote in
message
. ..

wrote in message

ups.com...
[...]

Florida

Joshua Putnam February 11th 06 08:50 AM

property values link

In article ,
says...

I just looked up the house I sold in 1998.
The price shown on zillow.com is almost 1.5 times what the county property
appraiser shows as an appraised value.

Who's kidding who?

Depends on where you are and what the county's assessment practices
are. My home is certainly worth at least 50% more than my county
assessor says.

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/

Bob G. February 11th 06 01:53 PM

property values link

Yep.

In Maryland, you can pick any county and any address and it will tell you
just aboutt everything: Who lives there, how much they paid for it, how much
it is being assessed at, property size, house size, etc......

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/

Hey HON: well not really sure IF that is the case or NOT
BUT I now at least know why you use Dr, Hardcrab as a a Signature...

Bob
Ain' The beer cold normally in the Land of Plesant Living...

Dr. Hardcrab February 11th 06 02:20 PM

property values link

"Bob G." wrote in message

Yep.

In Maryland, you can pick any county and any address and it will tell you
just aboutt everything: Who lives there, how much they paid for it, how
much
it is being assessed at, property size, house size, etc......

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/

Hey HON: well not really sure IF that is the case or NOT
BUT I now at least know why you use Dr, Hardcrab as a a Signature...

You got it.

But not in B'More. I'm down in GAWD'S country (Southern Maryland). Where the
Potomac, Patuxent and the Chesapeake Bay all meet.

You think the people in Baltimore talk funny........

;-]