Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler

Default Waaaaaay OT

I've tried the appropriate newsgroups, but can't get an answer pertaining to
a '96 Jeep Cherokee Country. Hopefully, someone here has an idea. For the
life of me, I can't locate the blower speed resistor. I only have max speed,
and would like to check the resistor before tackling the dash
control looking for the problem. Wherezit at?
TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

just a guess: perhaps the fan speed switch selects from assorted
circuits of a multispeed motor? if so, maybe no resistor.
to purchase, schematic books and service manuals of the generic type
are often found at pep boys stores.
a jeep dealer parts or service guy will have the quickest answer.
otherwise a store like autozone might know about your blower or switch?

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

try some related jeep discussion i found at:
http://www.ultimatejeep.com/
and:
http://www.naxja.com/forum/archive/i...p/t-28480.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes there is a resistor pack. I think it is located on the heater
plenum located under the dash. Post your question on rec . autos .
makers . jeep+willys and you will get the right answer and probably a
picture in about 4 hour.

PanHandler wrote:
I've tried the appropriate newsgroups, but can't get an answer pertaining to
a '96 Jeep Cherokee Country. Hopefully, someone here has an idea. For the
life of me, I can't locate the blower speed resistor. I only have max speed,
and would like to check the resistor before tackling the dash
control looking for the problem. Wherezit at?
TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:19:02 -0600, PanHandler wrote:

I've tried the appropriate newsgroups, but can't get an answer pertaining to
a '96 Jeep Cherokee Country. Hopefully, someone here has an idea. For the
life of me, I can't locate the blower speed resistor. I only have max speed,
and would like to check the resistor before tackling the dash
control looking for the problem. Wherezit at?

get a newsreader that isn't a complete piece of garbage, one with
a search function. the automotive newsgroups start with rec.autos, such
as rec.autos.tech

Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak

PanHandler wrote:
I've tried the appropriate newsgroups, but can't get an answer pertaining to
a '96 Jeep Cherokee Country. Hopefully, someone here has an idea. For the
life of me, I can't locate the blower speed resistor. I only have max speed,
and would like to check the resistor before tackling the dash
control looking for the problem. Wherezit at?
TIA

Don't know about Jeeps, but on Nissans they are on the heater plenum
behind the glove box. Most times it is a broken solder joint and only
needs resoldering.

-
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY