Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
HotRod

Default Vintage IDEA's???

I need the pro's here. I'm re-doing a 130+ year old house and I need some
advice on two things.

1) While ripping out the plaster on the second floor I discovered that all
of the exterior walls are solid brick, two bricks thick, without any studs.
The plaster is put right on the brick. I'd like to insulate the new exterior
walls but am scared of framing with 2" x 4"s because this will sink the
windows into the wall another 4". I think it might look weird. What are my
options? Money is an issue?

2) I plan on putting the claw foot tub back into the bathroom and want to
see or hear of any ideas that might give it some more flare? How do I design
around such a tub?