Posted to alt.home.repair
Zzyzx

Default Subflooring Level

Is the rule for subflooring; leveled with a variance of 3/16" in a 10ft
radius a code for that the builder has to abide by? My builder has mine with
a 3/4" variance and I want to talk to them, but just want the facts first.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

This is so specific to your locale you'd need to contact your building
commission or whoever regulates such things.

Sounds like your builder doesn't know what the f*** he/she is doing.
If the particle board/plywood is off by that much, than the joists
probably are, which means the foundation may be, which may put you at a
lawyer's office at some point.

New houses suck !

Posted to alt.home.repair
marson

Not sure what the code is, but that seems like 3/16" in 10 feet seems
like an impossibly high standard. Thats 3/32 in 5 feet. Lots of your
cheaper levels (and more expensive levels that have been around the
block) can be off by that much. Is this subfloor plywood on joists?
considering the straightness of the lumber, etc, it's tough to get
things perfect. How did you figure out that it was 3/4 in 10 feet?
Depends too on where it is: If its under kitchen cabinets it is a more
serious issue.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Zzyzx

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is so specific to your locale you'd need to contact your building
commission or whoever regulates such things.

Sounds like your builder doesn't know what the f*** he/she is doing.
If the particle board/plywood is off by that much, than the joists
probably are, which means the foundation may be, which may put you at a
lawyer's office at some point.

New houses suck !

So your saying if I put a shim under the foundation it should fix it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

3/16" in 10 ft. is nothing. Don't say anything to the builder. If you get
him ****ed off, there are all kinds of corners he can cut on purpose that
you'll never notice. Wait until you find something important to complain
about.

"Zzyzx" wrote in message
Is the rule for subflooring; leveled with a variance of 3/16" in a 10ft
radius a code for that the builder has to abide by? My builder has mine

with
a 3/4" variance and I want to talk to them, but just want the facts first.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

OP said 3/4 ", which seems pretty high.

Shim that foundation !

)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

My mistake, 3/4" is way too much.

wrote in message
ups.com...
OP said 3/4 ", which seems pretty high.

Shim that foundation !

)

How to Make a Water Level? [email protected] Home Repair 21 September 17th 05 02:06 AM
Getting level foundations puffernutter UK diy 18 August 23rd 05 11:54 AM
Laser Level Help Steve Home Repair 8 August 16th 05 11:51 PM
South Bend 2 Collar Method/ Starrett Level [email protected] Metalworking 3 March 8th 05 01:35 PM
level mystery Silvan Woodworking 37 January 31st 05 12:55 AM