Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband

Default Remote Low Voltage Motion Sensor?

Does anyone make a "wired" motion sensor that can be mounted remotely via a
low voltage cable?

I have a few "wireless" motion sensors (made by Carlon), but they do not
work very well. Though the sensor itself seems to detect movement, the
receiver in the wall switch has a very difficult time picking up the
signal. So, I get a lot of false triggering, as well as the light failing
to turn on/off.

I would go with a standard wired motion sensor, but the spot where the
sensor needs to go is directly over a bank of corner windows. So I can't
fish the cable up through the wall. We have vaulted ceilings, so I can't go
that route either.

Thus, I was hoping for a sensor with a low voltage cable I could route down
along the window trim, to an indoor transformer/relay.

Thanks,

Anthony