Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default humidity.

ive posted about my moisture problems before. everything from humid
basement to frost in attic. I have sealed the attic well and it seems
to have helped.

but now to deal w the overall humidity. the house is a 1960 ranch w an
unfinished basement/garage in NY. the RH in the house was 60%+. I have
installed a bathroom fan. I have an older kitchen fan. Im not sure if
it works great but we dont cook so much that I think this is the
primary cause. I have tried the test where plastic taped to the
basement floor/walls w no +. However even though the the floor is
painted I do see areas of effloresence(sp?) - does that mean I have
moisture coming through the floor? If so how to stop. Ive read on
lowes.com to use water based poly.

any ideas or other things to look at

no signs of attic leaks

heat is oil/ baseboard

Apartment Humidity Giga Home Ownership 8 December 20th 05 12:57 PM
basement humidity (do I need dehumidifier and, if so, would this setup work well) jay Home Repair 19 July 31st 05 04:38 AM
question about attic ventilation & humidity jeff Home Repair 2 March 6th 04 04:16 PM
Home humidity - increasing after remediation? Scott Stewart Home Repair 8 July 29th 03 09:54 PM
Storing wood - inside humidity vs. outside humidity. Brian Phillips Woodworking 2 July 22nd 03 02:20 PM