Posted to alt.home.repair
fish

Default Electrical Question

What would be a good price to pay to an electrician for installing 2
outdoor motion activated flood lights, one on the back of the house
and one on the side with the garage? the wiring would have to be run
to that location, and a switch as well to control it.[would the
switch be necessary?]

Also, what would be a fair price to pay for installation of 6
landscaping lights in the front of the house, that are controlled by
an indoor light switch?

In each case i have purchased the fixtures in advance, so the estimate
is basically for labor and supplies.

THanks.
Fish

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"fish" wrote in message
What would be a good price to pay to an electrician for installing 2
outdoor motion activated flood lights, one on the back of the house
and one on the side with the garage? the wiring would have to be run
to that location, and a switch as well to control it.[would the
switch be necessary?]

Also, what would be a fair price to pay for installation of 6
landscaping lights in the front of the house, that are controlled by
an indoor light switch?

In each case i have purchased the fixtures in advance, so the estimate
is basically for labor and supplies.

About $60 to $75 an hour, depending on location. Not enough info to say
how many hours. Could be a 1 hour job, cold be 5 hours. .

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Your questions should be:
1) "How can I find a good electrician that will do a quality job and show up
at the scheduled time?"
2) "If something is broken when he takes it out of the box, or doesn't work,
should I pay him to stand around while I go to the store to exchange it, or
should I just pay him to go buy the brand he normally installs?"
3) "If a fixture fails in two weeks, should I pay him to come back, or just
replace it myself?"