Junior Member

Default Access Door in Wall

Browsing through this sight a while back I came across a thread with a link selling access panel doors for walls. I can't seem to find it, can anyone help?

They were metal doors similar looking to an indoor breaker panel door. I'm working inside a knee wall and would like to put something like this up rather than patching up the drywall and closing it off. Does anyone have other suggestions (instead of framing in an actual door?)

thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

ashroyer wrote:

They were metal doors similar looking to an indoor breaker panel door.
I'm working inside a knee wall and would like to put something like this
up rather than patching up the drywall and closing it off.

I'm not sure what a knee wall is.

Last time i was in a plaster supplies shop, they had metal access
panels which were trapdoors which open down when installed in the
ceiling. These would go into a wall as well (as walls and ceilings are
made in much the same way).

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

ashroyer wrote:
Browsing through this sight a while back I came across a thread with a
link selling access panel doors for walls. I can't seem to find it,
can anyone help?

They were metal doors similar looking to an indoor breaker panel door.
I'm working inside a knee wall and would like to put something like this
up rather than patching up the drywall and closing it off. Does anyone
have other suggestions (instead of framing in an actual door?)

A good lumber yard will have them. The big box stores will probably
have them too, but if you ask a clerk you'll probably get a blank
stare.

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

ACCESS PANEL
http://hdsupply.shoplocal.com/hdsupp...55%2D05 0215&

Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

these are really great and faster, quicker, cheaper, and easier:
http://www.divplastics.com/
look especially at EZ access II

If you really want the steel units there are several
manufacturers. Look in your yellow pages for a commercial dry
wall supply house. They will have or can order. Here is at least
one brand:
http://www.wbdoors.com/general1.htm

(top posted for your convenience)
Keep the whole world singing . . . .