Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith

Default Toilet bowl water is moving

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:06:31 -0800, jamiedmiller wrote:

This may sound odd, but here it goes...

We have three toilets in our townhouse. For the past day or so, I have
noticed that the water in each toilet bowl appears to be moving quite a
bit. It looks like it's pulsing at times. Over the course of a few
hours, the water levels in the bowls are decreasing.

The only thing that seems to coincide with this is that it is
extraordinarily windy outside. I'm wondering if the wind is somehow
getting down the vent, causing the pulsing, and pulling water out of
the bowl past the trap. Does that sound nuts or plausible?

If I'm way off base, what else may cause this? BTW, the house is only
three months old.

Sounds normal with gusty winds. The wind passing over the vent may cause
a venturi effect, which will vary in pressure quite a bit. The house
pressure is relatively unchanged so the level of the water shows the
difference in pressure.

--
Keith

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you both for your responses.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DOOD

Get out of that house NOW !!!!

You are in severe danger. One of two things are occurring.
1. An earthquake is about to occur
2. Your house has been inhabited by evil spirits and needs to be
excorcised.

GET OUT NOW.

You're life is in danger !!!

NOTICE - DO NOT use any toilet before you leave. You could end up
without your penis, or find yourself with an evil spirit in your
asshole, devouring your ****....

---------------------

On 15 Jan 2006 09:06:31 -0800, wrote:

This may sound odd, but here it goes...

We have three toilets in our townhouse. For the past day or so, I have
noticed that the water in each toilet bowl appears to be moving quite a
bit. It looks like it's pulsing at times. Over the course of a few
hours, the water levels in the bowls are decreasing.

The only thing that seems to coincide with this is that it is
extraordinarily windy outside. I'm wondering if the wind is somehow
getting down the vent, causing the pulsing, and pulling water out of
the bowl past the trap. Does that sound nuts or plausible?

If I'm way off base, what else may cause this? BTW, the house is only
three months old.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yow! And if you live in New Orleans, they just plug the hole in the
levee.

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

and with drawings at:
easyhttp://www.free-ed.net/sweethaven/BldgConst/Plumbing01/lessonmain.asp?iNum=fra0309

or technical 32 pages of venting information at:
http://www.aspe.org/ASPE_Publication...vol2_chap3.pdf