Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck

Default Does color-impregnated fiber cement siding exist?

Greetings all!

My wife and I are thinking about replacing the current wood siding of
our house with some kind of fiber cement siding such as Hardie's
Hardiplank lap siding. We like one of their prefinished "color plus"
colors, but were wondering if there are any makers of fiber cement
siding that actually impregnate the product with color so you don't
ever need to paint it.

Since we are just beginning to research the fiber cement siding
universe, any advice, suggestions, warnings, etc. are greatly
appreciated. We will have a professional install it, and will of
course get an estimate at some point, but can anyone suggest roughly
how much it would cost to reside a medium, or slightly larger than
medium size house with fiber cement siding (we live in Southern
California, USA...which may affect our cost)? Very rough estimate is
fine; estimates of cost per square foot is also helpful, if you prefer.
At this point, we need to know if this project is even remotely within
our current budget.

Thanks!

Chuck

Posted to alt.home.repair
I R Baboon

i cant give you prices as i get paid by the hour and not the job, but, i DO
know hardiplank is signifcantly more expensive over vinyl. the installation
will be more too, as it is a pain in the ass to install.