Posted to alt.home.repair
Horton

Default DeVillbiss Air Tank Regulator

Can someone tell me how to put this regulator back together? The part with the white tooth?
I put the screw in the cap, the white tooth into the hole in the tank, the spring on top of that, screw the whole
thing back together, and no air. It feels fine when turning, but no air goes into the hose. The tank is full.
I have a feeling I'm not putting everything together just right, but can't figure it out. I uploaded a few pics
to my website. Any help is surely appreciated!

http://tinyurl.com/aqb5v

http://tinyurl.com/8ub2x

http://tinyurl.com/9pjs2

Posted to alt.home.repair
Horton

Hi. Could you explain what you mean by "turning the screw down"? After everything is together, the screw is inside the cap, and
I tightened the whole cap down with a wrench. Thanks for any help.

"Bob" wrote in message ...
After you got it together, did you turn the screw down?

"Horton" wrote in message
ink.net...
Can someone tell me how to put this regulator back together? The part with

the white tooth?
I put the screw in the cap, the white tooth into the hole in the tank, the

spring on top of that, screw the whole
thing back together, and no air. It feels fine when turning, but no air

goes into the hose. The tank is full.
I have a feeling I'm not putting everything together just right, but can't

figure it out. I uploaded a few pics
to my website. Any help is surely appreciated!

http://tinyurl.com/aqb5v

http://tinyurl.com/8ub2x

http://tinyurl.com/9pjs2

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

If you can't adjust the screw after you put it together, then you're going
to have to do it by trial and error. The more the threaded part pushes down
on the diaphragm, the more pressure will come through. If you can imagine
that you were able to turn that adjustment after the cap was on, the more
you turned it to put pressure on the spring, the more air will come through.
Sorry, but I don't know how to explain it any better.

ink.net...

"Bob" wrote in message

After you got it together, did you turn the screw down?

"Horton" wrote in message
ink.net...
Can someone tell me how to put this regulator back together? The part

with
the white tooth?
I put the screw in the cap, the white tooth into the hole in the tank,

the
spring on top of that, screw the whole
thing back together, and no air. It feels fine when turning, but no air

goes into the hose. The tank is full.
I have a feeling I'm not putting everything together just right, but

can't
figure it out. I uploaded a few pics
to my website. Any help is surely appreciated!

http://tinyurl.com/aqb5v

http://tinyurl.com/8ub2x

http://tinyurl.com/9pjs2

Posted to alt.home.repair
Horton

Thanks Bob. Obviously, it sounds like I should be putting the spring and screw on the diaphragm
and secure them before putting on the cap, instead of the way I was doing it. I'll screw around
with it, and since you've pointed me in the right direction, I'll get it. Thanks again.
Tim

"Bob" wrote in message ...
If you can't adjust the screw after you put it together, then you're going
to have to do it by trial and error. The more the threaded part pushes down
on the diaphragm, the more pressure will come through. If you can imagine
that you were able to turn that adjustment after the cap was on, the more
you turned it to put pressure on the spring, the more air will come through.
Sorry, but I don't know how to explain it any better.

ink.net...

"Bob" wrote in message

After you got it together, did you turn the screw down?

"Horton" wrote in message
ink.net...
Can someone tell me how to put this regulator back together? The part

with
the white tooth?
I put the screw in the cap, the white tooth into the hole in the tank,

the
spring on top of that, screw the whole
thing back together, and no air. It feels fine when turning, but no air
goes into the hose. The tank is full.
I have a feeling I'm not putting everything together just right, but

can't
figure it out. I uploaded a few pics
to my website. Any help is surely appreciated!

http://tinyurl.com/aqb5v

http://tinyurl.com/8ub2x

http://tinyurl.com/9pjs2

Posted to alt.home.repair
MikeP

In article . net,
says...
Can someone tell me how to put this regulator back together?

Looks like there is a
www.xxxxxx.com on the tank. Have you tried
www.xxxxx.com? Or http://www.devap.com

Pressure tank Mike Home Repair 9 March 26th 05 07:36 PM
cheap water tank needed ! TURTLE Home Repair 23 March 10th 05 12:22 PM
preparing a propane tank for reusal .. pix Grant Erwin Metalworking 5 January 26th 05 05:54 PM
DIY Heat Bank/Thermal Store system? (longish) Gordon Henderson UK diy 4 January 26th 05 07:32 AM
Waterlogged well pressure tank David Efflandt Home Repair 10 May 3rd 04 09:09 PM