Posted to alt.home.repair
PVR

Default Exterior floor tiles.

I am looking for some floor tiles to be used on a concrete porch in NE Ohio.
These tiles should be frost resistant (-20F) and color is about buff.

Anyone know where I can buy exterior grade floor tiles?

Peter.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Stootzmann

We bought ours at the local tile store -- Arizona Tile [Springfield, IL].
no problems since spring 2001 when they were installed.

"PVR" wrote in message
I am looking for some floor tiles to be used on a concrete porch in NE
Ohio. These tiles should be frost resistant (-20F) and color is about buff.

Anyone know where I can buy exterior grade floor tiles?

Peter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

This requires an exterior tile; so they should be porcelain instead of
clay-based ceramic. Porcelain tile will wick very little water (less
than 0.5%), and thus will not crack in those temperatures. An exterior
mastic should be used, and the grout should be epoxy.
The cost of an exterior tile job (in materials), is substantially
higher than that of an indoor job. Most local stores will carry all of
these materials.