Posted to alt.home.repair
James Harvey

Default Tension Spring For Window Screen

Hi,

I was wondering where I can get "ramhorn" tension springs for some window
screens that I intend to construct from make-your-own-windowscreen stuff
available from Lowe's or Home Depot. I need to make a few screens from
scratch that match my existing screens. The problem is that the stuff sold
to diy'ers is intended to fit inside the innermost channel of the window
with springs that mount on top of the window screen. All my other screens
fit on the outermost channel with ramhorn springs that hold the screen frame
against the outside of the window frame. I can drill holes in the frames to
accommodate the spring ends - I just need to find out where to get them.

I am trying to avoid the expense of replacing ALL of my window screens to
get them all to look the same.

Here is a website that shows a ramhorn spring:

http://www.alumaroll.com/wcmptspring.htm

Any help appreciated!

TIA,
James

Posted to alt.home.repair
PanHandler

"James Harvey" wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering where I can get "ramhorn" tension springs for some window
screens that I intend to construct from make-your-own-windowscreen stuff
available from Lowe's or Home Depot. I need to make a few screens from
scratch that match my existing screens. The problem is that the stuff
sold
to diy'ers is intended to fit inside the innermost channel of the window
with springs that mount on top of the window screen. All my other screens
fit on the outermost channel with ramhorn springs that hold the screen
frame
against the outside of the window frame. I can drill holes in the frames
accommodate the spring ends - I just need to find out where to get them.

Try he

http://www.alumaroll.com/wdscomp.htm :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

i can't find the springs but they sell a kit at
hdsupply.com browse around pages 1271-1272

http://hdsupply.shoplocal.com/hdsupp...55%2D0 50215&

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

[...]

Most real hardware stores will have this item. Look in your yellow pages
for one that repairs screens or just visit and look for an older clerk.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair
James Harvey

In article wPBvf.689199$_o.271670@attbi_s71,
"Colbyt" wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I will try somebody local first. I did happen to find a
website that sells these things too. It's at:

http://www.homeandbeyond.com/prod-0115908.html

That's a pretty good price for a pack of 50.

James