Posted to alt.home.repair
Chas12

Default bathtub appliques

Hi, Does anyone know of a good way to remove those annoying bathtub
appliques from an acrylic tub?
thanks!
Chas

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Chas12 wrote:
Hi, Does anyone know of a good way to remove those annoying bathtub
appliques from an acrylic tub?
thanks!
Chas

Did you read the responses already posted to your prior request?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Berkshire Bill

"Chas12" wrote in message
Hi, Does anyone know of a good way to remove those annoying bathtub
appliques from an acrylic tub?
thanks!
Chas

Were you expecting private e-mail responses ? You posted this question
already and should be able to locate the answers we gave.

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair
Chas12

No, I wasn't expecting private responses. My program was giving me trouble.
In fact it STILL doesn't show my original post. If someone can repost the
Thanks,
Chas

Were you expecting private e-mail responses ? You posted this question
already and should be able to locate the answers we gave.

Bill

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jennifer

Chas12 wrote:
No, I wasn't expecting private responses. My program was giving me trouble.
In fact it STILL doesn't show my original post. If someone can repost the

Look he
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...e1510e198380d1

Posted to alt.home.repair
SJF

"Chas12" wrote in message
No, I wasn't expecting private responses. My program was giving me
trouble. In fact it STILL doesn't show my original post. If someone can
repost the responses here, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

REPOST of missing earlier post --

Stubby wrote, "But you could try a hairdryer (CAREFUL!!!) to soften the
glue."

I believe this is worth a try since most contact cements as used on the
appliques are heat sensitive. Method I would use is to warm the area with a
hair drier, pick up a corner using a knife blade, then gradually peel the
applique off while gripping it with tweezers or pliers, all the while,
keeping the immediate area pretty warm with a hair drier. As Stubby said,
be careful not to apply enough heat it to affect the plastic of the tub.

SJF

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

In that case, in summary. Goo-gone, napthaline (lighter fluid) or something
with xylene in it. Test anything on a small spot first, fiberglass can be
damaged.

To find the old post try either pressing the "new headers" button a few
times on your reader or increase the number of posts downloaded in the
settings (in outlook express, it is Tools menu, choose Options, select Read
tab). If you are using a browser to read NG try searching. If your still
having problems try posting a question about that in the appropriate NG.