Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snowbear plows any good?

I have a 400ft gravel driveway that I have been plowing with an old
garden tractor and a 48" plow. It takes a while and traction is often
an issue going up hill, but I can get it done with chains and wheel
weights.

I have seen these lightweight personal plows like Snowbear that are
almost 7ft and can bolt on to a truck and be removed easily. The are
raise with an electric winch, and you have to get out of the truck to
angle the blade manually (not an issue since I have to do the same
thing with the tractor blade...and i'm outside all the time then).

I have an older F150 4x4 that is in great shape and would use that to
plow. Anyone have an experience with these? It would only be for my
driveway, but I don't want to buy something that will only last a year
or two.

Posted to alt.home.repair
calhoun

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 400ft gravel driveway that I have been plowing with an old
garden tractor and a 48" plow. It takes a while and traction is often
an issue going up hill, but I can get it done with chains and wheel
weights.

I have seen these lightweight personal plows like Snowbear that are
almost 7ft and can bolt on to a truck and be removed easily. The are
raise with an electric winch, and you have to get out of the truck to
angle the blade manually (not an issue since I have to do the same
thing with the tractor blade...and i'm outside all the time then).

I have an older F150 4x4 that is in great shape and would use that to
plow. Anyone have an experience with these? It would only be for my
driveway, but I don't want to buy something that will only last a year
or two.

Go to plowsite.com lots of info.
General opinions: it is made for just what you want. It is light so truck
will carry it well but it won't scrape packed snow well. It is not made for
commercial use and will not last when used as such. The winch strap doesn't
last long before it breaks. Comes with a nice dolly to move it around.