Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex

Default Liquid drain unclogger questions

Does anyone know if liquid clog removers effective for clogs that are not in a trap but
somewhere further in the drain.

Thanks,
Alex
Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

the farther away, the less effective because of dilution and pipe size
getting bigger.
let your sewer cleaning plumber know everything you've poured in there
so you don't burn him.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Per Plexed

Get one of these and unclog your own drain in minutes.

http://doityourself.com/store/3935996.htm

Best $15.00 I ever spent. Have used it a couple of times myself and
neighbors borrow it when they have a clogged drain.

Per

"Alex" wrote in message
. net...
Does anyone know if liquid clog removers effective for clogs that are not

in a trap but
somewhere further in the drain.

Thanks,
Alex

Posted to alt.home.repair
oldal4865

Per Plexed wrote in message ...
Get one of these and unclog your own drain in minutes.

http://doityourself.com/store/3935996.htm

Best $15.00 I ever spent. Have used it a couple of times myself and
neighbors borrow it when they have a clogged drain.

Per

My experience also.

Regards
Al

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken

Per Plexed wrote:
Get one of these and unclog your own drain in minutes.

http://doityourself.com/store/3935996.htm

Best $15.00 I ever spent. Have used it a couple of times myself and
neighbors borrow it when they have a clogged drain.

Per

"Alex" wrote in message
. net...

Does anyone know if liquid clog removers effective for clogs that are not

in a trap but

somewhere further in the drain.

Thanks,
Alex

I agree it is a great tool, but I would add that hooking the hose to
HOT water will work better than cold. Often grease is the cause of your
clogged drain, especially if it is a kitchen drain. What really did the
job for me after clearing the drain some using the tool, was to heat
about 5 gallons of water to the boiling point and dump it into the
partially cleared drain. The hotter water will remain hot by the time
it reaches the clog.

Ken

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Great tool. I've used them for years. They come in different sizes, so the
OP should be sure to get the right size.

"Per Plexed" wrote in message
Get one of these and unclog your own drain in minutes.

http://doityourself.com/store/3935996.htm

Best $15.00 I ever spent. Have used it a couple of times myself and
neighbors borrow it when they have a clogged drain.

Per

"Alex" wrote in message
. net...
Does anyone know if liquid clog removers effective for clogs that are

not
in a trap but
somewhere further in the drain.

Thanks,
Alex

Posted to alt.home.repair
boaz

It works very good. Sometimes the thick one works good. Sometimes the thin
one works good. It depends on what you have in the pipe. The crystal one
that get very hot doesn't work well in my opinion becasue it doesn't go far.

But you need to ignore the instruction on the bottle. I usually pour the
entire 1 gallon bottle to the drain. Flushing my hard-earned cash to the
drain literally!!! I wait an hour or so, and then I will find a big pot
and boil alot of boiling water, and pour hot boiling water to flush it...
maybe 2 or 3 times.

. net...