DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Self-Diagnostic mode for GE Fridge (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/138142-self-diagnostic-mode-ge-fridge.html)

Steve Granger January 1st 06 10:26 PM

Self-Diagnostic mode for GE Fridge

Does anyone know how to activate the self-diagnostic modes of a GE
GSS25JEPABB fridge? I know these side-by-side fridges have a
self-diagnostic mode to perform basic troubleshooting checks - I'm looking
for the one to cycle the fridge damper.

Also, does anyone know where I can get a current service manual for this
thing? I've found a service manual for an older version (2001 model year of
an Arctica fridge), but I have a 2003 model and a lot of the features are
different. THis manual explains some self-diagnostic modes available on the
fridge, but to enter them it assumes you have an electronic keypad. (My
fridge has knobs for temp control.)

Thanks! Steve

buffalobill January 2nd 06 02:28 AM

Self-Diagnostic mode for GE Fridge