Posted to alt.home.repair
MG

Default Looking for replacement parts for old Stanley door opener

I have an old Model 800 unit which needs a new plastic gear. No one seems
to have parts for this machine as Stanley went belly-up years ago and parts
are scarce.

Anyone know of someone who might have some parts lying around? I am looking
for a replacement drive wheel.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Google search:
http://www.stanley-garage-door-opene...epairparts.htm

"MG" wrote in message
.. .
I have an old Model 800 unit which needs a new plastic gear. No one seems
to have parts for this machine as Stanley went belly-up years ago and

parts
are scarce.

Anyone know of someone who might have some parts lying around? I am

looking
for a replacement drive wheel.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

i monkeyed around with replacing a 25 year old noisy chain garage door
opener's plastic gear and it was a waste of $25 and hours and hours in
a hot garage in summer.
in the equal amount of time for $60 labor the new replacement garage
door opener i picked out with a quiet belt drive was installed.
for me it wasn't just the gear gone bad, the chewed up gear was a
symptom of the whole system binding.
look at home depot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have an old Model 800 unit which needs a new plastic gear. No one seems
to have parts for this machine as Stanley went belly-up years ago and parts
are scarce.

Anyone know of someone who might have some parts lying around? I am
looking for a replacement drive wheel.

Thanks

Stanley isn't belly-up, they're alive and well. Where did you hear that?
www.stanleyworks.com

Stanley parts gloat AAvK Woodworking 5 February 18th 05 05:01 PM
Where do prof. repairers get parts? James Sweet Electronics Repair 9 September 21st 04 04:16 PM
Heads up on service manuals! JW Electronics Repair 10 August 4th 04 02:53 PM
Email List For Arcade Game Parts techforce Electronics Repair 6 July 30th 04 07:37 PM
Sony power supply parts cross reference Dave Electronics Repair 4 September 5th 03 01:08 AM