Posted to alt.home.repair
427Cobraman

Default Aprilaire model 700 Humidistat questions (H-terminals) and water useage

Hello all,

I have a question about the humidistat that comes with the model 700
humidifier. Do the "H" terminals provide 24V for the solenoid and fan
control or is it just a switched terminal that requires 24V? I'm
running constant 24v to power the humidistat. The reason I ask is I
wired this up assuming it simply switches an input and after running it

for a few minutes, the humidistat "H" terminal ckt burned up. Here is
how I have it
wired:
http://home.earthlink.net/~fiveliter...rilaire700.gif

As a side note, it seems like this unit wastes a lot of water to drain.

Isn't there an orifice in-line somwhere or do I need to regulate it?
Thanks,

Alex

Posted to alt.home.repair

Does this help?
http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related...structions.pdf

I think it drains a lot because it's designed to wash the pad and try
to keep it clean and prevent bacterial growth. Nope, you don't
regulate it.

Mike

Posted to alt.home.repair
427Cobraman

Thanks for the reply. That is the diagram that I have as well, and it
would appear I did indeed wire it wrong. I originally had it hooked up
exactly like the diagram but the solenoid would never come on (24V
never seen at those terminals), so that's when I thought it must have
24v supplied there.

Alex