Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
kwest

Default Vinyl Windows - Am I getting ripped off?

We have a contractor who is installing new windows for our house. I has
originally requested Jeld-Wen or Milgard double pane vinyl windows. The
contractor then told me that they prefer LBL windows...and I trusted
him..however when the windows were delivered, they were Empire Pacific
Windows. I asked about this and the contractor then said they no longer
use LBL windows as they had some problems with them... Well they
installed the windows, but it seems that our house is even colder than
when we had the aluminum windows and the sound (we live near a busy
road) is even louder, even though the contractor claimed that the new
windows they installed would muffle the sound.

Are Empire Pacific 5200 Series vinyl windows comperable to Jeld-Wen and
Milgard windows? I checked with our local Home Depot and was told that
they are cheaper windows (about 25%), but since they sell Jeld-Wen
figured they may be a bit biased.

Thank You