Junior Member

Default Reznor model 45 Garage Heater

Heater is about 7 years old. Recently stopped working. Can get it to run by running a heat gun into the control panel onto the circuit board, etc. It will continue to run as long as I keep the thermostat set at about 55 f. When I turn it below that the furnace will not run again unless I blow heat unto the curcuit board area. I have checked out the thermostat and wiring. Any ideas? Thanks Tom
Posted to alt.home.repair
Berkshire Bill

--
tomsecanky

It sounds like must remove the circuit board and practice your soldering
skills. Sometimes you can pick out the offending joint by it's dull
appearance, but I usually end up soldering all of the larger lugs.

Happy modeming,
Bill K.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop

"tomsecanky" wrote in message
:
: Heater is about 7 years old. Recently stopped working. Can
get it to
: run by running a heat gun into the control panel onto the
circuit
: board, etc. It will continue to run as long as I keep the
thermostat
: set at about 55 f. When I turn it below that the furnace will
not run
: again unless I blow heat unto the curcuit board area. I have
checked
: out the thermostat and wiring. Any ideas? Thanks Tom
:
:
: --
: tomsecanky
\
If I read you right, it's temperature related. About 55 degree
setting or lower it won't work; that include the ambient air?

If so, the bottom detent has moved. Many thermostats, when set
as low as they'll go actually turn OFF. That's by design. Sound
like that's moved on you or maybe wear has moved it upwards.

It's remotely possible it's a solder joint, but if it's reliably
repeatable that it won't work in temps below 55, I'd bet it's
not.

HTH,

Pop

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Larry F

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:55:21 +0000, tomsecanky
wrote:

Heater is about 7 years old. Recently stopped working. Can get it to
run by running a heat gun into the control panel onto the circuit
board, etc. It will continue to run as long as I keep the thermostat
set at about 55 f. When I turn it below that the furnace will not run
again unless I blow heat unto the curcuit board area. I have checked
out the thermostat and wiring. Any ideas? Thanks Tom

Try jumping out the stat wires, if works then stat. If not r/r
circuit board.