Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave

Default Wiring a Zone Valve

My original post disappeared, so I am posting a new one:-

Dave wrote:
I have an older house with 2 zones - Main level and Basement. The Basement
heat never worked. I just installed a new zone valve in the basement. Can
someone tell me how to wire the zone valve. It is a Honeywell zone valve
with 4 wires - 2 red and 2 yellow.
Thanks,
D.

One pair runs the motor that drives the valve itself. The other is a
limit switch contact that shorts when the valve is fully operated.

The motor pair, the thermostat and the transformer are hooked in a
series circuit. The transformer will be used with several zones.

All the limit switches are hooked in parallel and used to operate a
relay that controls furnace/boiler and the circulator pump. Note the
relay has its on internal transformer so the zone valve switches are all
low voltage.

Sorry if that's not clear.
Thanks Stubby for your great info.
It seems that the relay itself has a transformer. Do I use the power from
this to connect to the motor/Thermostat series?

Thanks,
D.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

No, you'll find a separate 24 volt 40 va transformer to power the zone
valve. Also, if you have multiple circulators on the boiler, you'll have
several relays as well, and your red wires will go to the TT terminals of
the relay that powers that valve's circulator

Dave wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

you must lookup your particular zone valve amke and model such as this
example at:

http://giveme5.honeywell.com/Product.../95C-10932.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"buffalobill" wrote in message
oups.com...
you must lookup your particular zone valve amke and model such as this
example at:

http://giveme5.honeywell.com/Product.../95C-10932.pdf

Most valves have a wiring diagram printed right on the power head.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave

Hello Guys,
Thanks very much for all the help. It finally worked!!!

Thanks again!

Zone Valve Wiring Dave Home Repair 2 December 22nd 05 02:22 PM
Installing Zone Valve balboni Home Repair 2 November 5th 05 03:01 PM
Help - one zone not heating - Oil Fire Heat base board. sams Home Repair 17 January 6th 04 04:27 PM
Central Heating - Problem with 3 way valve wiring. John UK diy 1 October 3rd 03 06:28 PM
Leaving a Honeywell CH valve energised, wiring choices Toby UK diy 1 July 14th 03 06:20 PM