Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch

Default Maytag: RIP

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/051222/whirl...ytag.html?.v=9

NEWTON, Iowa (AP) -- Shareholders of Maytag Corp. on Thursday approved the
sale of the company to rival appliance-maker Whirlpool Corp. for about
$1.79 billion in cash and stock.... If the transaction is cleared by the
U.S. Department of Justice early next year, it will mark the end of the
iconic Iowa-based company as an independent appliance manufacturer.

If approved the government, Maytag shareholders will receive $21 a share,
payable half in cash and half in a fraction of Whirlpool stock. The exact
amount Maytag shareholders will get in stock depends on the value of
Whirlpool shares when the deal closes. Maytag will become a wholly owned
subsidiary of Whirlpool.

Newton-based Maytag was founded in 1893 by Fred Maytag, a maker of farm
tools, who introduced a wooden-tub washing machine 14 years later. His
innovative designs swept the nation and the company has remained a home-
appliance leader for a century.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Beener

Richard J Kinch wrote:
[...]

I work for Whirlpool and I have found out that they are going
to keep that Maytag Plant running. (try to turn it around , out of the
RED. )

I hope all goes good!!!!
We need to KEEP ALL the good old U.S.A. Plants running. and not
to ship them overseas.

Posted to alt.home.repair
phaeton

heh... and we just bought a whole pile of Maytag appliances.

Posted to alt.home.repair
nomedeplame

"phaeton" wrote in message
ups.com...
heh... and we just bought a whole pile of Maytag appliances.

From what I hear about Maytag quality going downhill nowdays, it's probably
for the best.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Didn't Maytag, not to long ago, close its plant in Galesburg, Illinois
and move it to Mexico? Where are Whirlpools made?
Jack

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Their quality sucks now unfortunately. My theory is Whirlpool wants them
for their service network.

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe V

Charles Beener wrote:
Richard J Kinch wrote:
[...]

Whirlpool is closing a plant in Arkansas employing 750 people and
building a new one in Mexico employing 1000. So much for the good ole USA.