Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 32 in Sony TV tuner problem? Model KV32T335

Folks,

I have a 32 in Sony TV model KV32T335. The problem is that when I
switch on the TV there is o picture or sound, just snow and noise. This
is the case on all channels. If the TV runs like this for 5 mins or so,
the picture nad sound kick in. Everything is normal from here on.

Could anybody suggest what the problem may be and I could change
any parts relatively easily to fix this problem?

Any and all help appreciated.

Regards,

Raj.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK

wrote in message

Could anybody suggest what the problem may be and I could change
any parts relatively easily to fix this problem?

No suggestion, except that you may have better luck in a more appropriate
Group, like sci.electronics.repair.

rich

Posted to alt.home.repair

Is it connected to an antenna? cable TV cable? cable TV with cable-box?
Satellite connection?

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

wrote in message
oups.com...
Folks,

I have a 32 in Sony TV model KV32T335. The problem is that when I
switch on the TV there is o picture or sound, just snow and noise. This
is the case on all channels. If the TV runs like this for 5 mins or so,
the picture nad sound kick in. Everything is normal from here on.

Could anybody suggest what the problem may be and I could change
any parts relatively easily to fix this problem?

Any and all help appreciated.

Regards,

Raj.

I had a 25" sony which could not lock on the picture. It would scan between
snow and good pix (any channel) but never lock in. I got some good advice
on another NG sci.electronics.repair, a website repairfaq.org and another
forum for the "nuts and volts" magazine (several TV gurus there). In the
end, someone pointed me to the exact coil in the tuner with a cold solder
joint. A little dab of solder in the right spot fixed on the first try. My
TV was of 1984 vintage, back then there were several well known (to TV
repair guys) failure trends.

Keep asking but not in a home repair NG be a little more selective.

When you do, also include if the aux input works. If it does, the problem
is likely in the tuner, if not, a number of other things may have gone bad.
Snow does indicate that most of the HV and scanning stuff is working though,
good chance it is the tuner. The coil in my TV was inside a shielded
section of the PCB so visual inspection without disassembling it would not
have found it.

Good luck

Posted to alt.home.repair
JerryL

"PipeDown" wrote in message
nk.net...

wrote in message
[...]

Practically of the Sony's in that era had the same problem with cold solder
joints. I remember I was out of warranty and they wanted me to deliver it to
a Sony repair shop about 75 miles away, pick it up in two weeks and charge
me 150 dollars. They would not own up to the fact it was a production error
and they claimed I was the only one complaining about it. I junked the set
and never bought another Sony product.