DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How Change I Change the Color of Metal Roof Flashing? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/136096-how-change-i-change-color-metal-roof-flashing.html)

Mike December 17th 05 09:38 PM

How Change I Change the Color of Metal Roof Flashing?

The front porch roof of my house was rebuilt. The roofers used snow white
aluminum flashing to seal the area where the new gray shingled roof meets
the front brick wall of the house. The shingles, down spout and gutters
look very good and did not leak during a very bad rain last Thursday. Can
I coat the white finish on the flasing with some sort of dark grey coating
that's durable?

Mike

Edwin Pawlowski December 17th 05 09:55 PM

"Mike" wrote in message
Can I coat the white finish on the flasing with some sort of dark grey
coating that's durable?

Paint.

Tony Hwang December 17th 05 10:16 PM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

Can I coat the white finish on the flasing with some sort of dark grey
coating that's durable?

Paint.

Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony

Edwin Pawlowski December 17th 05 10:30 PM

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony

Probably what he had on the truck that day. Aluminum sheeting does come in
different colors.

Mike December 17th 05 11:10 PM

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

\
Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony

Good question. The roofing company completely redid the job because the
first job caused severe leaking and dAmage to the interior of my house. It
was thirty degrees outside when they redid the job and I suspect they only
had the white trim on the job site. I told the owner of the company they
had to fix it now because the freezing water/ice would cause even more
severe damage. Any suggestions for a durable flat dark gray coating or
paint?

Mike

[email protected] December 18th 05 05:39 PM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

\
Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony

Good question. The roofing company completely redid the job because the
first job caused severe leaking and dAmage to the interior of my house. It
was thirty degrees outside when they redid the job and I suspect they only
had the white trim on the job site. I told the owner of the company they
had to fix it now because the freezing water/ice would cause even more
severe damage. Any suggestions for a durable flat dark gray coating or
paint?

Mike

Oil based EPOXY PAINT.
That stuff will last forever.

Mike December 19th 05 01:30 AM

How Change I Change the Color of Metal Roof Flashing?

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

\
Hi,
I wonder why he did not choose right color to begin with?
Tony

Good question. The roofing company completely redid the job because the
first job caused severe leaking and dAmage to the interior of my house.
It
was thirty degrees outside when they redid the job and I suspect they only
had the white trim on the job site. I told the owner of the company they
had to fix it now because the freezing water/ice would cause even more
severe damage. Any suggestions for a durable flat dark gray coating or
paint?

Mike

BTDT. Exterior latex semi gloss house paint.