Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

Default underfloor heating UFH

Here we go...

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am considering installing UFH in a bathroom, the arear to be warmed
is 8 square meters my plan is to run the boiler flow pipe (22mm) to two

Where I'm from it's called Radiant Floor Heat, RFH.

I don't do metric....

zone valves one of which runs the whole houses radiators and the other
is to run to the bathroom in 22mm where it is reduced to 10mm JG
speedfit for the UFH loop and back on to the 22mm return to the boiler.

If you say so...

The boiler is Worcester 28i junior (non condensing) and brand new.

Means nothing to me...

after the pipes are in it is to be tilled

????

My question is by reducing it to 10mm will this provide sufficient heat

No idea, did you do a heat loss on the area you need the RFH in?

restriction so as I dont have the full heat of the boiler on the floor
tiles?

If your boiler is set for 180° and you don't install a tempering valve,
you're going to overheat the floor.

i.e. I dont want to cause them to crack through thermal shock.

It will crack if you put 180° water under nearly ANY surface.

I am not a qualified plumber but have a few years of experience in
domestic systems

Then don't do it..

Follow up

I am informed that thermal shock is possible they are ceramic and 11mm
thick as for the controls i was thinking that a radaitor valve works on

Good thinking.

the principal of closing the lock shield slightly there by reducing the
flow, that is my reason for using 10mm pipe ie the reduction from 22mm
to 10mm would severly reduce flow and temperature.

You may need the flow, but the high temp is not good.

I could very well be wrong! but i hope not.

You have my opinion.

Thanks for any advice

Martyn