DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   getting rid of white tac stains on wall (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/133810-getting-rid-white-tac-stains-wall.html)

Anna Morris December 2nd 05 10:26 AM

getting rid of white tac stains on wall

Help!

I'm moving out of my flat on the weekend and want the deposit back.

but there are loads of white tack marks on the walls from where i've put up postcards! they are small grey circles on a white wall!

anyone know how to remove them?

Anna

Edwin Pawlowski December 2nd 05 11:16 AM

getting rid of white tac stains on wall

/
"Anna Morris" wrote in message

Help!

I'm moving out of my flat on the weekend and want the deposit back.

but there are loads of white tack marks on the walls from where i've
put up postcards! they are small grey circles on a white wall!

anyone know how to remove them?

Paint. Sorry, you lose some of the deposit.

m Ransley December 2nd 05 11:29 AM

getting rid of white tac stains on wall

Compound , sand, prime and paint room.

Charlie Bress December 2nd 05 02:51 PM

getting rid of white tac stains on wall

If it is just the tiny tack hole, try a little toothpaste. something I heard
about from the college kids.

--
Anna Morris

Joshua Putnam December 2nd 05 06:38 PM

getting rid of white tac stains on wall

In article ,
says...

Help!

I'm moving out of my flat on the weekend and want the deposit back.

but there are loads of white tack marks on the walls from where i've
put up postcards! they are small grey circles on a white wall!

Could you clarify -- are you talking about holes from thumbtacks, or
stains from funtack-type mounting adhesive?

What is the wall surface?

--
is Joshua Putnam
http://www.phred.org/~josh/

JasmynJade December 2nd 05 08:13 PM

getting rid of white tac stains on wall

I'm with Joshua.....but, if it's not just the holes....try the Mr.
Clean Erasers...they work GREAT on that kind of stuff!!!!