Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default Faux wood blind recommendations

We are just completing construction on our new home. It is a country
house and we want to maintain that look. We love shutters, but they
are just way too expensive for us right now. We have decided that
wood vs faux wood, we'd rather go w/ faux wood to all the info
people have shared w/ us real wood warping and fading over time vs
the faux wood which apparently does not.

Here's my question: which faux wood blinds give you the best quality
for the value spent? We don't want to go w/ the cheap stuff and have
nothing but problems (we realize that you get what you pay for).
However, we also are on a budget. We have a total of 22 windows which
can be covered w/ blinds.

Any shared info, recommendations, experiences would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Jennifer

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
A.D.C.

The pvc blinds sold at Lowe's - the cheapest ones they have - have worked
really well for me. They aren't textured. The "cut to fit" ones (textured)
also have performed well and look great.
wrote in message
oups.com...
We are just completing construction on our new home. It is a country
house and we want to maintain that look. We love shutters, but they
are just way too expensive for us right now. We have decided that
wood vs faux wood, we'd rather go w/ faux wood to all the info
people have shared w/ us real wood warping and fading over time vs
the faux wood which apparently does not.

Here's my question: which faux wood blinds give you the best quality
for the value spent? We don't want to go w/ the cheap stuff and have
nothing but problems (we realize that you get what you pay for).
However, we also are on a budget. We have a total of 22 windows which
can be covered w/ blinds.

Any shared info, recommendations, experiences would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Jennifer

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are just completing construction on our new home. It is a country
house and we want to maintain that look. We love shutters, but they
are just way too expensive for us right now. We have decided that
wood vs faux wood, we'd rather go w/ faux wood to all the info
people have shared w/ us real wood warping and fading over time vs
the faux wood which apparently does not.

Here's my question: which faux wood blinds give you the best quality
for the value spent? We don't want to go w/ the cheap stuff and have
nothing but problems (we realize that you get what you pay for).
However, we also are on a budget. We have a total of 22 windows which
can be covered w/ blinds.

Any shared info, recommendations, experiences would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Jennifer

If you are looking for ready made blinds Lowes, HD or J C Penny all sell a
decent value for the money. The are not the same quality as a custom made
vinyl faux wood blind. With reasonable care you can expect 3-7 years of
service based on usage. Price range of $20-40 per window depending on size.

A custom made faux blind such as the Hunter-Douglas wonder wood line will
cost 3-4 times more per unit but should last virtually forever unless
damaged.

Between the better ready mades and the custom you really won't be able to
see much difference but the quality is in the things you can't see like
headrail components, cord weight and UV stabilizers.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
rfisher

It all depends if you want 1" or 2" blinds. In our previous home, we had
the Home Depot Plantation Blinds (2" - faux wood). Looked great and
performed well. We just moved into a new home and the 2 inch blinds will
not fit in our window (I like the blinds inside mount instead of outside
mount.) I looked everywhere (online included) for 1" faux wood blinds.
Apparently there is no such thing. I had to order 1" real wood blinds made
to fit. It cost me $280.00 for 2 windows. OUCH! In all fairness to the
company, these 2 windows were an odd size. The faux wood would have been
MUCH cheaper. If anyone out there knows of a source for 1" faux wood
blinds, please advise as we have other windows to cover.

Debbie

wrote in message
oups.com...
We are just completing construction on our new home. It is a country
house and we want to maintain that look. We love shutters, but they
are just way too expensive for us right now. We have decided that
wood vs faux wood, we'd rather go w/ faux wood to all the info
people have shared w/ us real wood warping and fading over time vs
the faux wood which apparently does not.

Here's my question: which faux wood blinds give you the best quality
for the value spent? We don't want to go w/ the cheap stuff and have
nothing but problems (we realize that you get what you pay for).
However, we also are on a budget. We have a total of 22 windows which
can be covered w/ blinds.

Any shared info, recommendations, experiences would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,
Jennifer

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Colbyt

"rfisher" wrote in message
It all depends if you want 1" or 2" blinds. In our previous home, we had
the Home Depot Plantation Blinds (2" - faux wood). Looked great and
performed well. We just moved into a new home and the 2 inch blinds will
not fit in our window (I like the blinds inside mount instead of outside
mount.) I looked everywhere (online included) for 1" faux wood blinds.
Apparently there is no such thing. I had to order 1" real wood blinds

made
to fit. It cost me $280.00 for 2 windows. OUCH! In all fairness to the
company, these 2 windows were an odd size. The faux wood would have been
MUCH cheaper. If anyone out there knows of a source for 1" faux wood
blinds, please advise as we have other windows to cover.

Debbie

Most 2" blinds will mount inside mount (IB) on any window that has 3/4" of
flat surface at the side and above. I know there are a few windows that do
not meet these requirements.

I do not know of any 1" faux. I have never seen one.

Colbyt