DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wall mounted light switch with a motion detector (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/132774-wall-mounted-light-switch-motion-detector.html)

John November 25th 05 10:30 AM

Wall mounted light switch with a motion detector

I'm looking for a wall mounted light switch with a motion detector. For example
when walk to the room the lights turn on and later when I leave lights turn off.
I'm in europe and have 220-250V power.
The models here are limited and cost over 80 USD so I'm looking for more
alternatives.

RBM November 25th 05 12:23 PM

Wall mounted light switch with a motion detector

In the US, we have wall switches with built in motion detectors. With these
you are not limited to a few fixture styles. I would assume that similar
devices are made in Europe

Rich Greenberg November 25th 05 03:33 PM

Wall mounted light switch with a motion detector

In article ,
John wrote:
I'm looking for a wall mounted light switch with a motion detector. For example
when walk to the room the lights turn on and later when I leave lights turn off.
I'm in europe and have 220-250V power.
The models here are limited and cost over 80 USD so I'm looking for more
alternatives.

Check at www.smarthome.com.

I don't know if they have 250v models and I don't know if they ship to
Europe.

[email protected] November 26th 05 05:22 PM

Wall mounted light switch with a motion detector

With 110 power it's $19 (US), I cannot find a 220 model in Google...
http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...assh57885.html

Tony Hwang November 26th 05 05:31 PM

wrote:
With 110 power it's $19 (US), I cannot find a 220 model in Google...
http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...assh57885.html

Hi,
Voltage is not a big concern the current rating is.
Tony

John November 30th 05 10:09 AM

Tony Hwang wrote:

wrote:
With 110 power it's $19 (US), I cannot find a 220 model in Google...
http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...assh57885.html

Hi,
Voltage is not a big concern the current rating is.
Tony

That is what I am looking for. Can you elaborate on concern over current rating?

[email protected] November 30th 05 08:35 PM

Wall mounted light switch with a motion detector

I use that very item in several applications in my home and like the
results.

When I added a new one, I found it for as little as $13 at a local
Lowe's.