Posted to alt.home.repair
John

Default Wall mounted light switch with a motion detector

I'm looking for a wall mounted light switch with a motion detector. For example
when walk to the room the lights turn on and later when I leave lights turn off.
I'm in europe and have 220-250V power.
The models here are limited and cost over 80 USD so I'm looking for more
alternatives.
Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

In the US, we have wall switches with built in motion detectors. With these
you are not limited to a few fixture styles. I would assume that similar
devices are made in Europe

"John" wrote in message
I'm looking for a wall mounted light switch with a motion detector. For
example
when walk to the room the lights turn on and later when I leave lights
turn off.
I'm in europe and have 220-250V power.
The models here are limited and cost over 80 USD so I'm looking for more
alternatives.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Greenberg

In article ,
John wrote:
I'm looking for a wall mounted light switch with a motion detector. For example
when walk to the room the lights turn on and later when I leave lights turn off.
I'm in europe and have 220-250V power.
The models here are limited and cost over 80 USD so I'm looking for more
alternatives.

Check at www.smarthome.com.

I don't know if they have 250v models and I don't know if they ship to
Europe.

Posted to alt.home.repair

With 110 power it's $19 (US), I cannot find a 220 model in Google...
http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...assh57885.html

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

wrote:
With 110 power it's $19 (US), I cannot find a 220 model in Google...
http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...assh57885.html

Hi,
Voltage is not a big concern the current rating is.
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair
John

Tony Hwang wrote:

wrote:
With 110 power it's $19 (US), I cannot find a 220 model in Google...
http://www.electronicsoutfitter.com/...assh57885.html

Hi,
Voltage is not a big concern the current rating is.
Tony

That is what I am looking for. Can you elaborate on concern over current rating?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I use that very item in several applications in my home and like the
results.

When I added a new one, I found it for as little as $13 at a local
Lowe's.