Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Greenberg

Default X-10 switch

This probably belongs in one of the home automation groups but I no
longer have time to read them and I suspect some cross polination into
a.h.r...

I have an old X-10 wall switch. Works fine remotely. If I want to
manually turn it on or off, I have to press it several times. It will
switch when I press it, but will switch back when I release it until I
press and release several times.

Any suggested solutions other than remove, toss, and replace?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Shaun Eli

Sounds like a mechanical problem. They're cheap enough and easy enough
to replace; no need to drive yourself nuts about it.

Shaun Eli
http://www.BrainChampagne.com
Brain Champagne: Clever Comedy for the Smart Mind (sm)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
Shaun Eli wrote:
Sounds like a mechanical problem. They're cheap enough and easy enough
to replace; no need to drive yourself nuts about it.

Thanks Shaun,

Thats what I had planned to do, just looking for possible alternatives.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Geoman^^

--
Rich Greenberg Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321
6507

JUST THE NAME MAKES ME SHAKE!! All I can think of when I hear X-10 is POP UP
HELL!!

DON"T SUPPORT A COMPANY THAT JUST ABOUT INVENTED POP UPS!

rich

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 10:58:55 -0500, "Geoman^^" Geo2 wrote:

[...]

X-10 also names the protocol (121KHz signals sent on 0-crossings of
AC). Other companies make products that use it.

Of the X10 devices I have, those made by Levi ton and other companies
seen to be more reliable.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Geoman^^" Geo2 wrote in message

JUST THE NAME MAKES ME SHAKE!! All I can think of when I hear X-10 is POP
UP HELL!!

DON"T SUPPORT A COMPANY THAT JUST ABOUT INVENTED POP UPS!

rich

OMG, the X-10 web site is the absolute worst in the world. If you need
accessories, go to www.smarthome.com for a better shopping trip.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

X 10 GM built in 3 button garage door openers control them, Nice to
turn on extra lights from your car. You use one button for on one for
off, or both for on and turn off inside your home.

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

GM wont tell you that but its all x 10 protical anyway, even luetron.
GM wants you to buy "Their" system, which it is not.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"J Kelly" wrote in message

I did not know that.. Is that the GM Homelink system? My vehicle has
that, all I've used it for is to open the garage doors! I didn't know
I could control X10 with it. I'm going to go look for my vehicle
manual now...

Yes, the same way you program the garage button, you can program the X10 or
Smart Home setup. You need a module with the radio receiver and a
transmitter to program with. It is nice to be able to come home late and
push a button to turn a light on in the house.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Likely any 3 button garage door capable set up could trigger X10. Its
all RF.