Posted to alt.home.repair
Dick

Default Ceiling Plaster Joint?

I am presently putting up a new sheetrock wall in my kitchen & am wondering
what is the easiest correct way to handle the joint where the (popcorn
painted) ceiling meets the new wall? (Taping the corners is no problems as I
can just fold the tape in half, apply it to the corner & then "mud" it)
Where the ceiling is textured however, is there a way to tape the joint
first (without having to manually sand off the pebbling) or should I just
apply joint compound to the seem as best as I can?

Posted to alt.home.repair
DAC

As you were messing around the area where the new drywall butts up to
the old ceiling, does the acoustical texturing want to come off easily?
If so, remove enough to tape and mud, then re-texture the new ceiling
blending the new texturing on to the existing.

Alternatively, you could remove all the acoustical texturing,
re-texture the whole ceiling. DAGS in the news groups, lots of
information on removing texturing...

Good luck...
Darwin

Lath & Plaster Ceiling Séan Connolly UK diy 36 September 11th 05 08:02 PM
Ceiling Fan Steve Home Repair 0 August 7th 05 05:59 PM
Downlights in Lath and Plaster ceiling Richard Conway UK diy 6 May 23rd 05 08:50 PM
suspended ceiling or ceil barry martin Home Repair 3 December 23rd 04 04:48 PM
Plaster ceiling damage Joseph Meehan Home Repair 5 January 16th 04 06:30 PM