Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Budman

Default Pex crimp tools

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a particular brand of crimp tools and a reliable
internet supplier? I'd like to get some type of combo 1/2", 3/4", I"
toolset to do some indoor pluming (hose bibs, utility sink) and an
irrigation system.

Thanks,
Budman

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Tim Killian

Budman wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a particular brand of crimp tools and a reliable
internet supplier? I'd like to get some type of combo 1/2", 3/4", I"
toolset to do some indoor pluming (hose bibs, utility sink) and an
irrigation system.

Thanks,
Budman

Most of these tools are brand-specific. Get the tools made for the brand
of fittings you are using.
Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
gary

Yes, you have to buy the one designed for the system you are going to use.
I rented a combo set for a reno I was doing when pex 1st came in. The 3/4
was on the outside and the 1/2 was on the inside. The 1/2 being a more
popular size was a bi**h to use as for obvious reasons. For the future I
picked up a dedicated 1/2 pair on ebay for a real good price and then rent
the 3/4 pair for when I need them. I would not recommend the combo set.
For irrigation I use poly pipe and one ear crimp rings. A different tool
altogether (and only about $20).

"Tim Killian" wrote in message
Budman wrote:
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a particular brand of crimp tools and a reliable
internet supplier? I'd like to get some type of combo 1/2", 3/4", I"
toolset to do some indoor pluming (hose bibs, utility sink) and an
irrigation system.

Thanks,
Budman

Most of these tools are brand-specific. Get the tools made for the brand
of fittings you are using.

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Budman

Good points - I guess I'm looking for recommendations on a system that
I can use for indoor plumbing/irrigation. I looked at Zurn, but they
seem to be more for radiant heat applications.

Thanks,
Budman

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
DanG

There is a viable alternative to the bolt cutter style. Oetiker
style stainless steel rings only require one tool. I have had
excellent success with mine:
http://www.pexconnection.com/categories.php?catID=29

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Budman" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a particular brand of crimp tools and a
reliable
internet supplier? I'd like to get some type of combo 1/2",
3/4", I"
toolset to do some indoor pluming (hose bibs, utility sink) and
an
irrigation system.

Thanks,
Budman

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
George

DanG wrote:
There is a viable alternative to the bolt cutter style. Oetiker
style stainless steel rings only require one tool. I have had
excellent success with mine:
http://www.pexconnection.com/categories.php?catID=29

(top posted for your convenience)

Since top posting screws up a connversation it would seem to be done
for your convenience only. Judicious snipping (it does take a few
clicks...) and bottom posting are a lot more readable.