DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   leaking faucet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/131769-leaking-faucet.html)

Frank Thompson November 18th 05 01:17 PM

leaking faucet

bathroom hot water faucet (lever handle type...one cold water & one
hot water handle) started leaking...I can manually stop leak by
holding it closed with hand, but when released it comes back out a
fraction of an inch and very small stream of water starts out. Does
this sound like something I can fix by adjusting something or does it
sound like washer replacement and cleaning and repacking stem packing
is in order.

Duane Bozarth November 18th 05 02:38 PM

leaking faucet

Frank Thompson wrote:

bathroom hot water faucet (lever handle type...one cold water & one
hot water handle) started leaking...I can manually stop leak by
holding it closed with hand, but when released it comes back out a
fraction of an inch and very small stream of water starts out. Does
this sound like something I can fix by adjusting something or does it
sound like washer replacement and cleaning and repacking stem packing
is in order.

Cartridge replacement...w/ lever, there isn't a conventional
washer/stem...