Mike

Default Power Direct Vent Water Heaters

We have a 50 gal natural gas power vent water heater that we need to
replace.

I have several quotes from plumbers and natural gas people. They all
seem to be quoting me the same thing: a Bradford White (PDX250T6BN)
and are coming in with similar prices.

I also got a quote from Lowes: an Envirotemp (PVG2F5063T3N).
Apparently, it's made by American Water Heater.

Labor is about the same for everyone. However, Lowe's is about $300
cheaper for the water heater.

My question is this: are the plumbers prices inflated, or is the
Lowe's model the "slum lord special?" (no offense, Lowe's)

I am OK with spending the money if I'm not going to have headaches, but
I wouldn't mind saving $300 either.

-Mike

Brian

Lowes/Sears/HD makes installers drop they rates. There is not much
proffit for them.

Waterheater is a waterheater.