Susan Thomas

Default Leaf blower recommendation?

I am looking to buy a leaf blower....any recommendations on brands I should
look for? Brands I should stay away from? Thank you for your reply.

C. Massey

"Susan Thomas" wrote in message
I am looking to buy a leaf blower....any recommendations on brands I should
look for? Brands I should stay away from? Thank you for your reply.

FWIW, I have had a Craftsman for 3 years and never had any problem out of
it...

It'd help if you were a bit more specific, about the type of blower
you're looking for- gas/electric, handheld/backpack/wheeled. As a
generality, the ones you're likely to want to keep will cost more than
the disposables.

Ian

For a brand recommendation I'd say Echo, most landscapers in my area
seem to use them and I have one that I haven't had a problem with in 4
years. Slightly OT but I got a commercial grade Echo trimmer for $5 at
a local auction and this thing is unbeatable. I'd say they're a quality
brand.

Ian

Edwin Pawlowski

"Susan Thomas" wrote in message
I am looking to buy a leaf blower....any recommendations on brands I should
look for?

Stihl

Brands I should stay away from?

Homelite, Ryobi, most anything sold cheap at HD, Lowes, etc.

gas blowers, on the cheep end id choose homelight, simply because
the carb and fuel lines are easy to get to, the others you have to damn
near dismantle the whole thing to get to them, on the high end , i think
echo is the best value.truely a high performance machine. lucas

this_is_so_over_done

Does this vacuum them too? If so, get a HUGE bag.
The unit I had mulched the leaves but I had to
empty every few mins. Finally put a bedsheet on it. :-)

Susan Thomas wrote:
I am looking to buy a leaf blower....any recommendations on brands I should
look for? Brands I should stay away from? Thank you for your reply.

The *big* Toro electric works well, if you're in the mind for an
electric.

Squanklin

I second the recommendation for Homelite. I bought one about a year
and a half ago, and it's been great. It gets regular, moderate use
(heavier in the fall). In my opinion, a great buy for the regular
homeowner. If you have the money, Echo and other industrial brands are
good, too - just overkill for me and my uses.

Whatever you look for, go to several stores and hold the products. See
what you think about holding one for 10-20 minutes at a time (depending
on the size of your yard/driveway). Think about things like weight,
comfort, etc. Different models will feel different, and it's best to
pick the right one for you.

Good luck!

wrote:
gas blowers, on the cheep end id choose homelight, simply because
the carb and fuel lines are easy to get to, the others you have to damn
near dismantle the whole thing to get to them, on the high end , i think
echo is the best value.truely a high performance machine. lucas

mm

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 07:52:46 -0500, "Susan Thomas"
wrote:

I am looking to buy a leaf blower....any recommendations on brands I should
look for? Brands I should stay away from? Thank you for your reply.

I think you should get two leaf blowers. That way you could blow them
in one direction and your husband or boyfriend could blow them in the
other. The first one to get all the leaves over the line wins.

Oh, yeah, and the wind could blow them whereever it chose.

It's also important to get blowers that makes a medium to large amount
of noise. That way you can bother the neighbors. Although any of
them make enough noise to do that.

It's good that you're doing this because it is important to remove any
natural fertilization from the grass, and replace that with chemicals.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

wrote:

I am looking to buy a leaf blower....any recommendations on brands I should
look for? Brands I should stay away from? Thank you for your reply.

I think you should get two leaf blowers. That way you could blow them
in one direction and your husband or boyfriend could blow them in the
other. The first one to get all the leaves over the line wins.

What was that show on Spike a year or two ago, average guys' olympics
or some such... one day they held a cock blowing competition. Yes, a
bunch of lanes, and each competitor stood on the starting line with a
leaf blower and a live rooster... You get the picture. Those cocks were
very surprisingly uncooperative to being blown. Took even the fastest
one a very long time to reach the finish.

Oh, yeah, and the wind could blow them whereever it chose.

It's also important to get blowers that makes a medium to large amount
of noise. That way you can bother the neighbors. Although any of
them make enough noise to do that.

It's good that you're doing this because it is important to remove any
natural fertilization from the grass, and replace that with chemicals.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Roger Taylor

"Susan Thomas" wrote in message
I am looking to buy a leaf blower....any recommendations on brands I should
look for? Brands I should stay away from? Thank you for your reply.

I've had eight years of flawless service from a Homelite 2 cycle gas engine
powered leaf blower, bought at Home Depot. Works great on all surfaces,
including dirt and grass. For light duty sweeping, where you have litter or
leaves on cement or deck surfaces, a cordless electric works fine, too, with
much less noise, pollution, and bother. I like the Black and Decker cordless
electric broom. Comes with two 8-minute batteries, and is a very reasonable
price. I may ditch my gas blower, since I have mostly pine needles on smooth
surfaces, and no grass cuttings.

I have been lucky for about 7 years with a Homelite backpacker from
Home depot. It is good for a homeowner but if you have acres]
of yard get a Stihl..

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

wrote:

I am looking to buy a leaf blower....any recommendations on brands I should
look for? Brands I should stay away from? Thank you for your reply.

I have a Husqvarna 165. Very powerful, don't point it at the ground
unless you are grossly overweight. It gets the job done--fast!
Always wear hearing protection.
Posted to alt.home.repair
frank1492

I have had good luck with the Homelite, sold at HD.
Didn't much care for the Sears as I found it hard to start
and poorly designed. (Gas port is on SIDE when blower
is set down in normal upright position.)

wrote:

I am looking to buy a leaf blower....any recommendations on brands I should
look for? Brands I should stay away from? Thank you for your reply.

I have a Husqvarna 165. Very powerful, don't point it at the ground
unless you are grossly overweight. It gets the job done--fast!
Always wear hearing protection.

Echo PB-4600 leaf blower stalls, need help troubleshooting [email protected] Home Repair 3 November 25th 05 03:13 PM
Why won't my leaf blower run? Toller Home Repair 13 November 14th 05 02:56 AM
Need Fuel Oil Ratio for 2 cycle engineon Leaf Blower 1_Patriotic_Guy Home Repair 10 November 12th 05 12:49 PM
Leaf Blower Help Harry Home Repair 3 September 23rd 05 09:41 PM
Leaf blower - How to buy Darro Home Repair 4 September 14th 05 03:34 AM