D Morgan

Default gas wallheater, no flow (thermostat?)

My natural gas wall heater won't come on. Photos at

http://homepage.smc.edu/morgan_david/wallheater/

The pilot is lit. It was last turned on in July. Not having been used
since, cranking up the thermostat dial no longer fires it up. I had a
stove that would not let gas flow unless a certain detector near the
pilot got hot enough to "know" that a pilot was there to ignite the
gas. I wonder if these heaters have a similar defeat mechanism that
could be my problem (can't see it if so)? Or what other causes should
I considerr?

Is this something that can be fixed on a do-it-yourself basis or is
calling a pro recommended?
SQLit

"D Morgan" dmorganNumeralOne1AtdslextremeDotcom@ wrote in message

My natural gas wall heater won't come on. Photos at

http://homepage.smc.edu/morgan_david/wallheater/

The pilot is lit. It was last turned on in July. Not having been used
since, cranking up the thermostat dial no longer fires it up. I had a
stove that would not let gas flow unless a certain detector near the
pilot got hot enough to "know" that a pilot was there to ignite the
gas. I wonder if these heaters have a similar defeat mechanism that
could be my problem (can't see it if so)? Or what other causes should
I considerr?

Is this something that can be fixed on a do-it-yourself basis or is
calling a pro recommended?

Not knowing your skill set, call a pro

Thermostat question [email protected] Home Ownership 1 June 29th 05 09:22 PM
To anyone sick of alt.hvac Matt Morgan Home Repair 87 April 8th 05 05:17 PM
replaced thermostat - Em/AUX heat always on Giles Harney Home Ownership 1 December 22nd 04 08:42 PM
CH - alpha pumps FrancisJK UK diy 45 September 23rd 04 08:06 PM
replaced thermostat, EM/Aux always on. Giles Harney Home Ownership 0 January 19th 04 08:40 PM