Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Mice in walls

Just as the subject states: I have some mice in my walls.

- My house is new (5 months old)
- I hear them chewing at the framing inside the wall between the
kitchen and the dining room
- A cold air return runs in this wall

I've used Riddex and the like the past with good results as far as
killing the mice. But they usually crawl somewhere, die, rot...and
well -- stink. Fine for a garage or attic area but these guys are
inside the wall. What would be recommended? Traps? Is there poison
that will kill them and dry them out or something? I have pets and
small children so poison and traps are obviously damgerous no matter
what the outcome.

Any thoughts? And any thoughts as to bait on the traps? I hate to use
the glue traps because the mouse gets stuck and usually ends up chewing
a leg off or something gross. I don't need my six year old girl seeing
that.

I'm in Eastern Ontario...

Thanks a lot.

Corey

mice in the walls Dica Home Repair 12 July 19th 05 05:43 PM
Stucco Gaps and Mice Henry Home Repair 4 September 2nd 04 04:29 AM
Best possible insulation for 2x4 walls? _firstname_@lr_dot_los-gatos_dot_ca.us Home Ownership 4 January 24th 04 11:40 AM
indoor walls: spray paint or roll paint with rollers? Ari Shapiro Home Repair 3 November 17th 03 09:17 PM
Mice, Questions about D-Con and Traps McCoysWink Home Repair 3 October 27th 03 01:18 PM