TP

Default roller shades and motor devices

I tried this question in home automation, with no replies... any
ideas?

I need to make room darkening roller shades. What brand would
you recommend? I would like to get standard cloth material with
the continuous loop chain. Only then we would like to add a
motor automation device to close and open the shades. I have
only seen the motor devices able to take a loop rope cord not
the chains. Anyone have any suggestions were to go for this stuff?

Thanks,
TP
Doug

TP wrote in news:XHPcf.146247
:

I need to make room darkening roller shades. What brand would
you recommend? I would like to get standard cloth material with
the continuous loop chain. Only then we would like to add a
motor automation device to close and open the shades. I have
only seen the motor devices able to take a loop rope cord not
the chains. Anyone have any suggestions were to go for this stuff?

I have some Hunter Douglas Remembrance shades. They can have factory
installed motors with either hand held remote or switch operated controls.
I don't have the motor option so don't know much else about it. I'd guess
the switch control could be automated. The shades themselves have been
problem free except for some installation issues. The outside mount system
was a pain to deal with and one of the shades had a little assembly problem
that I was able to fix.

Lots of places on the net sell these shades so just do a search if you want
more details.

Doug
Robert Green

Try asking in comp.home.automation - the alt group doesn't get much traffic.

--
Bobby G.

"TP" wrote in message
. ..
I tried this question in home automation, with no replies... any
ideas?

Colbyt

"TP" wrote in message
. ..
I tried this question in home automation, with no replies... any
ideas?

I need to make room darkening roller shades. What brand would
you recommend? I would like to get standard cloth material with
the continuous loop chain. Only then we would like to add a
motor automation device to close and open the shades. I have
only seen the motor devices able to take a loop rope cord not
the chains. Anyone have any suggestions were to go for this stuff?

Thanks,
TP

Find a Hunter-Douglas dealer in your area. I know they have the high
quality shade and I think you can order it already motorized.

Colbyt