TP

Default thinset could be used in place of top and bond?

Do you think thinset could be used in place of top and bond?
I have an open bag more the three quarters full. It is left over
from a recent project. I need to level out a floor area and was
going to use up this thinset. I would guess it has good
properties for thickness of less than 3/8 inch.
Thinset is only a third of the price of top bond or floor
leveler. If this works, maybe I’ll switch to thinset for other
leveling jobs.

TP
rider89

I called the manufacturer recently and asked them this same question, and
they said no.
I mentioned that the mixture is cement based so I didn't understand why the
extra thickness
was a problem. The tech person had no explanation, so I really found out
nothing from them.

Bill

.. .