Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Robert11

Default Snowblower Won't Start. Try Gum-Out, Or... ?

Hello:

Tried to get my Ariens (quite Old) snowblower working today, to make sure it
runs before
actually needing it.

Wouldn't start.
All that happens is lots of really dirty, somewhat blue, exhaust comes out.
No sounds like it wants to catch.
Oil level is fine.

Replaced the plug; no change.

Was wondering -

Is it (most) likely to be a gummed up carb. ?

If so, should I pour a can (or whatever am't is recommended) of Gum-Out into
the snowblowers gas tank, and
try cranking again ?

Have never used Gum-Out.
Is this the way to use it in this situation?

Any other suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob