Mike Hartigan

Default More RO questions

I've heard a rumor that periodic unrestricted flushing of the
membrane is good for the system. In other words, bypassing the flow
restrictor for 5 minutes or so, perhaps once a month. Is this true?
I've thought about spending a couple of bucks on a pair of tees and a
valve to bypass the flow restrictor to do this, but I won't bother if
I would be wasting my time.

Any thoughts on this?
tom

Only way you'll help the filter is to replace it. Tom

tom

Meaning: The RO filter (and it's attendant pre-filters) don't benefit
from pressuring up the system. Tom

Mike Hartigan

???

I'm not sure what that has to do with my question. I'm not even sure
what you mean by "pressuring up the system". Are you, perhaps,
responding to someone else's question? If so, please excuse my
intrusion.

But thanks, anyway.

In article . com,
says...