Andy & Carol

Default Wall paper paste

Is there anything that will remove hardened wall paper paste on the ceiling?
It was left there about 5 years ago when the room was wall papered. I
guess the installer for got to wipe it down. I tried all sorts of things,but
cant get it to soften up. Anybody have any ideas? I know I can sand it
off and paint,but I am not up to that right now.

Andy

de Fragile Warrior Sports Supplies

"Andy & Carol" wrote in message
Is there anything that will remove hardened wall paper paste on the
ceiling?
It was left there about 5 years ago when the room was wall papered. I
guess the installer for got to wipe it down. I tried all sorts of
things,but I
cant get it to soften up. Anybody have any ideas? I know I can sand it
off and paint,but I am not up to that right now.

Andy

Is this just plain old wheat paste? It will soften eventually with water,
AFAIK. It might just be a matter of keeping it wet long enough. If you
don't want to wave a sponge over it for a long time, I'd be tempted to do
something like moisten a single layer of paper towel and apply it to the
ceiling where it will hopefully stick long enough for the paste to loosen.

Don't leave it on too long, though, or you'll be asking how to get paper
towel off your ceiling next.

Rick Bass

Try this:
I have used this trick many atime.
Buy, at Hd, Lowes, etc, a box of Hamiltons All Purpose drywall mud, not
the topping. Apply a generous amount of the mud to the wallpaper paste
and allow to stay for an hour, or until the paste is soft and comes off
when you remove the paste with a 6' or bigger drywall blade. Sand and
be done.

Rick
Bass Players Drink Bass and Homebrew.

Trekking Tom

Use some new paste and some plastic, paste the area and smooth plastic
over it, come back in a hour clean it all off.

Tom