bombaj

Default Furnace is not turning on

Hi all,
I have a Lennox 90UGF Series Unit and it is not starting up. I raise
the thermostat temp a couple of degrees, and I can hear "something"
turning on (sounds like either the fan or it's simply getting power)
but I don't hear that "whosh" sound, even after it's been turned on for
a while. Now, I did neglect the air filter for a few months (totally
forgot about it) and when I replaced it yesterday, the old one was
pretty dark with dust.

Hope someone can help.

Rob

Since you changed the filters, the first thing I would check is to make
sure that the door panels are correctly in place. If they are not
seated correctly, the door switch may be open. If it has a regular
pilot light, I'd make sure that is lit too.

bombaj

Al,
both LED's are flashing FAST, which, according to the label means that
it's under normal operation.

When I first turned it on this morning, the right LED (#2) was flashing
slowly but somehow the furnace was started and it was pumping heat for
like 2 minutes. Then the burner (I assume it's the burner) turned off
again.

Thanks for your help BTW,
Rob

bombaj

Sorry about the triple post, my browser was frozen and I kept pressing
send.

Rob

hvactech2

On 23 Oct 2005 05:25:50 -0700, "bombaj" wrote:

Hi all,
I have a Lennox 90UGF Series Unit and it is not starting up. I raise
the thermostat temp a couple of degrees, and I can hear "something"
turning on (sounds like either the fan or it's simply getting power)
but I don't hear that "whosh" sound, even after it's been turned on for
a while. Now, I did neglect the air filter for a few months (totally
forgot about it) and when I replaced it yesterday, the old one was
pretty dark with dust.

Hope someone can help.

Rob

Without being there there is no way I can troubleshoot it for you.
your best bet is to call a local company to check it out and give it a
good going over for safety sake.
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail