S. Shaw

Default Terminology needed - conduit and fittings

Greetings. I'm trying to search for what I need for a small project,
but I can't seem to find the right terminology, plus, if I give a
description of what I'm doing, possibly you good people will have a
better solution.

Nearly a year ago I had DirecTV installed, and the installer drilled a
hole through the siding in through the drywall to feed in the coax. He
explained that with a basic install, nothing fancy can be expected.
Well, at the time it wasn't really a problem, even though it's the
front of the house. I just removed some large bushes from in front of
the house and find that the coax is completely exposed and hanging
from the hole that was drilled, across the ground, and runs around the
corner of the house to the back where the splitter is. First, it looks
ugly, second, anyone who had a malicious thought could snip that coax,
and there goes my directv.

I don't really want to push the coax back through the sealed hole in
order to run it through a conduit, along with some sort of housing
that could screw into the siding where the hole is, and I've got the
problem solved with flexible split conduit, but can't seem to find a
housing or something with a 90 degree angle to place over the hole
that can be connected to the flexible conduit. What would something
like that be called?

TIA

buffalobill

electrical elbow?

at my house where the cable exits the house they use a rubbery putty to
keep out the rainwater and ants. run your cable down a bit before
nailing a cable clip.
http://mcm.newark.com/
at mcmelectronics.com search for cable clip and look at the ones for
your wire which is probable RG-6.
at

evodawg

S. Shaw wrote:

[...]

You could also mount a small electrical box to the side of the house and
mount the conduit to the box. Drill a small hole from the box to the inside
of the house and fill it with silicon to keep the creepy crawlers out.

I could never figure out why the idiot cable persons run the cable down the
front of the house. Take it to the side and run the cable on the inside
along the baseboard if possible.

Rich

--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

evodawg

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"evodawg" wrote in message
I could never figure out why the idiot cable persons run the cable down
the
front of the house. Take it to the side and run the cable on the inside
along the baseboard if possible.

Time = Money

Yeah and crap is crap
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Edwin Pawlowski

"evodawg" wrote in message

Time = Money

Yeah and crap is crap

But it is a "free" installation. You get what you pay for.

George

evodawg wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"evodawg" wrote in message

I could never figure out why the idiot cable persons run the cable down
the
front of the house. Take it to the side and run the cable on the inside
along the baseboard if possible.

Time = Money

Yeah and crap is crap

Yes, but everyone thinks walmart today and wants cheeep. So you get what
you pay for.
evodawg

George wrote:

evodawg wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"evodawg" wrote in message

I could never figure out why the idiot cable persons run the cable down
the
front of the house. Take it to the side and run the cable on the inside
along the baseboard if possible.

Time = Money

Yeah and crap is crap

Yes, but everyone thinks walmart today and wants cheeep. So you get what
you pay for.

I guess, sure glad my customers don't feel that way. They're use to good
quality and willing to pay for it. And I enjoy the compliments!!!! But then
again I only work for folks that are. High end folks with money are a joy
to work for never really question what you're doing but know what they
like. And the money is good!! I deserve it though.

Rich
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"